Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Meet Mr. January!

Sherlock Holmes

Age: 9 years
Weight: 16.25 pounds.
Gender: Neutered Male
Demeanor at the vet's office: Grumpy. Sherlock needs sedation for his exams - but we know that he is an awesome, loving cat at home!

Hello, my name is Sherlock Holmes. I am 9 years old and I live with my family in Walled Lake Michigan. I was born in Hikone Japan. When I was just a few days old, someone shut me in a box and put me by a river. I was very lucky my mom heard me crying while walking home from work. She had only been living in Japan a few weeks at the time. She found a nice vet, Dr. Miyajima, who took care of me for a few weeks until my eyes opened and I was well enough to come home. My mom kept me warm, bottle fed me, and played with me a lot. I lived for the first few years of my life in a small apartment in Hikone until my mom decided to move back to America.

I had no idea where America was but it must have been very far away. I was in my carrier for two hours on a train and 14 hours on a plane. My mom had my carrier on her lap the whole time, but I was still very scared. I like living in Michigan. I have many bird and squirrel friends that come to my door wall everyday to say 'hi'. I am a bit of a trouble-maker and very wary of people I don't know. My favorite things are eating tuna, being warm, and hanging out with my family. 

Tiny baby Sherlock!
Cozy kitten

 

No comments:

Post a Comment